2 Techniques Combined - Hairstrokes & Powder
Microblading & Shading, also known as Combination brows is a form of permanent makeup, where both the Microblading technique and Powder/Shading are combined. This technique is great for those who have sparse eyebrows, little to no hair, or those who simply want to add definition to their eyebrows and arch. This is a beautiful option for clients who wish to achieve a “fluffy” look at the fronts of their brows, but need a bit more density through the body of brow.
During your appointment at Steady Micro, your artist will:
- Map your brows based on your natural measurements
- Match the pigment color to your skin and undertones
- Use the microblading & shading technique to add shape, color, and definition to your eyebrows
- Thoroughly review the healing process and aftercare instructions
At Steady Micro, we strive to achieve the most natural and healthy healed results in the permanent makeup industry. As a client, you will be involved and informed during the entire process to ensure you receive beautiful brows that you are comfortable and confident waking up to, everyday.
What is Microshading/ Combo Brows?
A combination of Microblading and Powder Ombre. This method has become very popular and is great for normal to combination skin types. Microblading will be done at the front/head of the brow while Powder Ombre is done in the middle to tail sections of the brow. Suitable for all brows & skin types.
Who Are Combo Brows For?
Combo Brows are great for clients with normal to moderately oily skin. So if your skin is too oily for microblading alone, combo brows might be a viable alternative. For someone with very sparse brows, the shading can give the brow more body, while the hair-strokes keep it looking natural.
How Many Sessions Do I Need?
How Long Does Microblading & Shading Last?
Typical results last 1 to 2 years depending on the individuals skin-type and lifestyle.
How to Select Shape and Color?
When receiving a full session PMU service you will undergo our custom mapping and color matching process. We find the shape of your brow by using the natural geometry of your facial features and create the color based off your natural brow and skin tone. During the mapping process, we explain each step to and will not proceed until you are 100% satisfied with the selections.
Can I Wear Makeup to the Appointment?
You are encouraged to come to your appointment wearing your makeup just like you normally would. We do not base our measurements or design off of your current makeup, however, knowing what look you are accustomed to helps us gage your expectation of the final product.
How Long is the Healing Process?
There is a 7-14 day healing period. During that time you will need to avoid water saturation of the brows and sweating (so no working out). Refer to the Before & aftercare instructions for specific details.
Who is Not a Good Candidate?
You can not receive cosmetic tattoos if:
– Under 18 years old
– Pregnant or nursing
– Under the influence of recreational drugs or alcohol
– Have a history of hemophilia, bleeding disorders or are on any medication that may increase bleeding.
– Undergoing chemotherapy or have undergone chemo in the past 12 months
– Prone to keloid scarring
– Have any type of infection and or rash anywhere on my body
– Have sensitivities to dyes, pigments, or topical anesthetics (ex:lidocaine)
– On Accutane. You must be off the medication for a minimum of 1 year before receiving permanent makeup.